Harry Potter Philosopher's Stone | PC Game
Release Date: Nov 15, 2001
Leave the nonmagical world behind and enroll in Hogwarts and Wizardry in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for the PC. Be Harry Potter, wizard-in-training, learning to master all things magical in a world filled with adventure, fun, and danger. Encounter breathtaking and unforgettable characters from J.K. Rowling's worldwide bestseller.
Players take the role of Harry Potter as he enrolls in Hogwarts and embarks on a journey to unlock the secrets of his own magical abilities. Along the way, Harry will explore the halls of Hogwarts and its surrounding grounds, study to be a wizard, learn Quidditch, collect objects to solve puzzles, become skilled at spells and potions, discover secret passages and locations, and interact with memorable characters from J.K. Rowling's magical world.
The features an array of stealth-based gameplay as well as traditional encounters as players guide Harry through the halls of Hogwarts, sneaking around to avoid confrontations with nosey characters like Filch and Peeves. Many of the adventures in the PC version are dynamic, leading to environments that change over time, such as moving stairs and relocating classrooms. The PC version also features a fast, arcade-style Quidditch game to further immerse players in the magical world of Harry Potter. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone will be developed for the PC with ease of play in mind. The simple interface will consist of just and one key on the keyboard. The required system specifications will be minimal, ensuring that Harry Potter's biggest fans can easily install and play his latest interactive adventure.
- Fully navigable 3D environments
- Stealth-based gameplay sneak around, avoiding unpleasant encounters and unwanted guests
- Interact with over twenty unforgettable characters from J.K. Rowling’s magical world
- Lead your house to victory in a fast-paced, arcade-style Quidditch match
- Four key types of obstacles and challenges
- Environments change as time passes. Stairs move and classrooms relocate
- Single-player game
- PII 266 MHz CPU
- 32 MB of RAM
- 4 MB video card
- 500 MB of free
- 400 MHz CPU or better
- 64 MB of RAM
- 16 MB 3D accelerator video card with support
- 500 MB of free hard drive space
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, or Windows XP
- Note that Windows NT 3.x, 4.0 are not supported.